1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Planning enforcement is the process of investigating and resolving possible breaches of planning law. This might include:
Not obtaining permission for works that require permission (including; listed buildings, satellite dishes, advertisements, protected trees and so on).
Changing the use of a site without obtaining permission where planning permission is required.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Done some development management work, inlcuding: Managing the planning application process. Dealing with planning appeals and offering representation where required. Communicating with all stakeholders involved in the planning process.
Also attended Plantech talks regarding technology in planning
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much. The programme allows for you to be more creative than you might be doing the same role of the original job you applied for.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Now we are well into the course I feel the programme is much better structured.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My emlpoyer has supported me in purchasing software required to make my course work much easier, so i believe they support me a reasonably amount.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Sufficent support is provided.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Allows a new perspective on development which i would not of got otherwise.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are both social activities and networking events which we can get involved in.
9a. Would you recommend Capita to a friend?
Welcoming workplace which allows opportunity to develop new skills and trusts workers with responsibility.
Also many opportunities to undertake further education.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capita?