1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is social media and digital marketing based and involves:
- Writing, creating and scheduling online content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - Creating and maintaining websites - Graphic design using photoshop and adobe softwares - Video editing - Customer service via social media channels
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to use scheduling tools and have developed my photo and video editing skills during my apprenticeship, and I plan on taking further training to ensure I am able to use editing softwares to the best of my ability. I have learnt how to adapt to my company's 'tone of voice' and how to write content that delivers great engagement rates, and how to gather statistics and put together social media reports.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am thoroughly enjoying my programme and am learning valuable skills that will benefit me not only in the workplace, but in my personal life too.
4. How valued do you feel by The Juice Academy?
The Juice Academy are great and always offer their time to help us out if we're struggling or if we simply need someone to talk to.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The organisation of the programme could be a little better - workloads are often too intense in addition to my responsibilities in the workplace, and spreading the projects we are set over a longer period of time and setting solid deadlines could help to reduce the stress associated with the volume of work we are set.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My training provider is always on hand to answer any questions I might have and gives apprentices the chance to talk about any worries we may have both in and out of the workplace.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer is extremely supportive and is more than happy to help me out with anything related to my apprenticeship, and I am allocated as much time as I need in the workplace to work on projects for my course.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary is well above average and I am more than satisfied with this.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The Juice Academy often invite apprentices to networking and social events, debates and talks and I have been presented with incredible opportunities through work to take part in outside of my usual working hours.
9. Would you recommend The Juice Academy to a friend?
The Juice Academy is a great programme, is dedicated to supporting its apprentices and has taught me many skills have put me well on my way to reaching my eventual career goal.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to The Juice Academy?
Working in social media is not a normal 9-5 job! Be prepared to think outside the box, get creative and work/ get involved with projects outside of your usual working hours. Working in social media involves many great opportunities, so if you're looking for something a little more exciting than your average office job, this is the apprenticeship for you.
More from The Juice AcademyMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!