- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How valued do you feel by CeX?
- 5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
- 6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
- 8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
- 9. Would you recommend CeX to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CeX?
I have to serve customers at the till on what products they want and sell them dvds and games such as gta 5.
Yes I have learnt how to work quicker in a faster paced environment like cex and I have learnt how to progress faster when serving customers at the till
It was good and taught me a lot of things.
I don't know
It was well organised as everyone was working at a good pace and making customers feels as comfortable as possible.
A lot of support training at the start.
A fair amount of support.
It's enough for me, I don't mind how much money I get each week to be honest.
Not really an apprenticeship is competitive to get into.
Because lots of people are interested on games and electronics and phones nowadays so yes I recommend Cex.
Apprenticeship - Intermediate Level (Level 2)
Business & Administration
Central London & City