- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How valued do you feel by CeX?
- 5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
- 6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
- 8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
- 9. Would you recommend CeX to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CeX?
Was quite easy was shown the basics of selling products and buying back products that made me realise how much products loose value when sold back to shops but I was stacking shelves and working on check outs mainly
I learnt great customer care skills
I really enjoyed it I would definitely do it again if I could
I felt very welcome and everyone was really nice and easy to et in with as they were all around my age range
It was roughly thrown together but came out very well
I received some but not as much as I wanted
A lot they wanted me to learn as much as I could while I was there
It was pretty poor I had to have a second job to keep me running but great for experience
Not really as I don't know how to apply it to the real world very well
It's a very friendly place to learn new opportunities
Be open to new learning experiences
Business & Administration