Mini Pupilage at London Borough of Southwark

Central London & City
May 2017

I shadowed a barrister at the Inner London Crown Court, taking notes on a trial and assisting the barrister.

I have learnt a lot about court procedure, courtroom advocacy and conducting a conference with a client.

I really enjoyed the programme, and it exceeded my expectations. It was a great experience.

4. How valued do you feel by London Borough of Southwark?

I felt valued as I received really useful feedback and I was thanked for the work that I did.

It was very organised and well structured as there was plenty of support available to me.

I received a lot of support from my supervisors as they taught me new skills and helped me to resolve my problems.

I received plenty of support from my supervisors as they taught me new skills and helped me to resolve my problems.

This is not applicable as it was unpaid experience which lasted a week, but the experience was worth it.

I am not sure about this, but I would like to get involved as it sounds fun and engaging.

9. Would you recommend London Borough of Southwark to a friend?

I would because it is a great place to get legal experience with a real practical focus.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to London Borough of Southwark?

I would advise them to apply because it is a great opportunity and to be honest in their applications. The reasons for the application should be personal to them.