1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I shadowed a barrister at the Inner London Crown Court, taking notes on a trial and assisting the barrister.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a lot about court procedure, courtroom advocacy and conducting a conference with a client.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoyed the programme, and it exceeded my expectations. It was a great experience.
4. How valued do you feel by London Borough of Southwark?
I felt valued as I received really useful feedback and I was thanked for the work that I did.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was very organised and well structured as there was plenty of support available to me.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received a lot of support from my supervisors as they taught me new skills and helped me to resolve my problems.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I received plenty of support from my supervisors as they taught me new skills and helped me to resolve my problems.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
This is not applicable as it was unpaid experience which lasted a week, but the experience was worth it.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I am not sure about this, but I would like to get involved as it sounds fun and engaging.
9. Would you recommend London Borough of Southwark to a friend?
I would because it is a great place to get legal experience with a real practical focus.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to London Borough of Southwark?
I would advise them to apply because it is a great opportunity and to be honest in their applications. The reasons for the application should be personal to them.
More from London Borough of SouthwarkMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!