1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Work Experience Placement Officer Carrying out pre-placement visits at employers around London update and maintain access database and excel spreadsheets
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
IOSH qualified Managing time, being organised, interaction with public, training people, speaking in front of a group of people NVQ Level 2, 3, FdA in Public Admin BA Hons in Business Studies Part Time
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Enjoyed throughly, learned a lot, met a lot of people, the job wasn't always the same
4. How valued do you feel by London Borough of Southwark?
Very valued, Manager gave me opportunity to gain a full degree, 2013 winner of Best Progression by an Apprentice in London Boroughs
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
First year was a little struggle, Second year was better
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Manager and Colleagues provided full support all the time.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
seven years later it has improved a lot. First two years was a struggle but I stuck to it, knowing I was starting at the bottom
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Company events, network events, volunteering opportunities
9. Would you recommend London Borough of Southwark to a friend?
I have had an amazing experience and the opportunities that came my way I grabbed with both hands. Experience patience throughout the seven years has got to me where I am today.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to London Borough of Southwark?
Be patience, Enthusiastic, Thoughtful, full of energy and find the motivation to carry on moving forward
More from London Borough of SouthwarkMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!