1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Have enjoyed being a store assistant at Waitrose, which is part of the John Lewis Partnership. Have been there from a young age, part time to full time during my gap year and I work there during my time off at University. Get to interact with customers on a daily basis, and get left alone to complete tasks using your own initiative.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Leant good customer service skills, developed my communication and time management. You can develop all your previous skills as well, allowing you to grow,
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Is enjoyable but can often become boring and repetitive, but training in lots of different sections allows you to keep motivated and engaged.
4. How valued do you feel by John Lewis Partnership?
The bonus and other great perks help to make you feel valued. You will have a few appraisals a year as well, where progress is checked.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Now it is more structured, with better training in place. Ensuring that you can be trained across all departments.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
You receive as much from management and sponsors as needed. You will also have to undertake training online and further training at work but nothing daunting.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Management are always willing to help, and also online training and other training days by the company.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
For a supermarket job it pays well, along with the bonus. You also get cheap lunch and breakfast options if your supermarket has a cafe.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
as many as you want. Free days out, cheap holidays, great bonuses, and other perks. You can also volunteer for charity and other schemes and get these hours covered by Waitrose.
9. Would you recommend John Lewis Partnership to a friend?
It is a partner owned company, and you feel like you can make a difference when you work there.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to John Lewis Partnership?
Be prepared and do plenty of research about why you want the job and what you need to do for it. Especially be prepared for the telephone interview.
More from John Lewis PartnershipMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!