1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an apprentice customer service assistant and my day to day tasks involve helping customers with their shopping and providing excellent customer service. I also work in the stock room and on the shop floor to maintain standards.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have definitely improved my communication and interpersonal skills by talking and interacting with a range of people. I have also developed good customer service skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy my apprenticeship, I have made many lifelong friends and I enjoy meeting new people everyday.
4. How valued do you feel by John Lewis Partnership?
I am always made to feel important by higher members of staff, such as my supervisors and that my efforts and work is valued.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme is well structured, but also very flexible. I am always able to switch around my daily activities to suit me and also the needs of the business.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive a lot of support from the provider and am always made to feel like I can ask questions whenever I need to.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My company always check on my progress and make sure I am up to date with everything I need to know. My supervisors and manager always make sure I am aware that I can come to them if I need anything.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary is quite good, considering it is an apprenticeship and I don't have to travel far to work so all is well with travel and salary.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I feel as though there is always opportunities as the sector I work in offer a lot of opportunities for growth. However the qualification I'm working towards is quite limited to the retail sector but the skills learned are transferable.
9. Would you recommend John Lewis Partnership to a friend?
It is a good way to learn and gain a qualification while working and actually partaking in the work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to John Lewis Partnership?
I would always advise people to ask questions no matter what. If they have a problem or don't know something then they should definitely ask, employers won't be mad and would actually like that you're taking an interest
More from John Lewis PartnershipMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!