IT Admin Assistant at John Lewis Partnership

2011
Central London & City
May 2017

Connect with John Lewis Partnership

A typical day at work is very varied depending on what day it is, allowing staff to always have something to do as an efficient way to prevent staff feeling bored if the store is quiet, which is something I particularly like about the business, as the time tends to fly. This could come in the form of; selling on shop floor, sorting and tidying the stock room, interacting with customers on the till or going through wastage of products that need to be disposed of, by inputting this onto the system.

I learnt many including training to a skilled grade within customer support teams, product knowledge experts, service experts, customer email and click to chat.

I enjoyed the programme very much and feel i learned and achieved a lot. My co workers were friendly and i feel i meet my expectations.

4. How valued do you feel by John Lewis Partnership?

John Lewis is a very good company to work for. The time I was there, they treated all the workers nice..

My programme was structured very well and i feel i achieved alot while my time there.

The people are lovely and always willing to help if you're struggling or finding something difficult. There are so many opportunities to progress through the business.

Fair opportunities and the opportunity to create change.The managers here are always looking out for you and are always there for support if you feel you need help.

The pay was exceptional, the benefits never ending, including leisure opportunities, branch holidays, and various discounts for a whole load of companies.

There were plenty of opportunities for social activities outside of work.

9. Would you recommend John Lewis Partnership to a friend?

They are fair & honest and a great place to work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to John Lewis Partnership?

My biggest tip is keep smiling, be polite and friendly and never be caught staring down to the ground or not paying attention.