1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Mainly caring for the children, monitoring their progress and helping out during play time and feeding time. The majority of the time spent here was playing with the children to look at their progress and development.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I learnt how to monitor child development which helped me during my time at college doing health and social care.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I did enjoy this programme however it made me realise that childcare wasn't actually for me. I didn't enjoy it as fully as I should to pursue a career as a nursery nurse
4. How valued do you feel by Bright Horizons Family Solutions?
I felt valued to an extent. I felt that when I did my work experience I was seen as more of a burden as I obviously didn't have qualifications.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was well organised. I did work experience for two weeks and I was placed in different age areas for each week.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The training provider provided plenty of support and sent a member of staff at the end to check how I was doing.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots of support from the employer too, always checking if everything was okay and if I had any problems. Always happy to resolve problems too.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It was work experience so I didn't receive any salary. But transport was provided by the school that sent me.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are plenty of opportunities in the day nursery industry. I am always seeing jobs advertised.
9. Would you recommend Bright Horizons Family Solutions to a friend?
It was a nice atmosphere for someone who would enjoy working with children and babies.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Bright Horizons Family Solutions?
Make sure you really want to work with children. If you don't it will make you miserable.
More from Bright Horizons Family SolutionsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!