1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role at the nursery was to look after the kids and I was accepted as part of the team. I was trained to do most of the jobs that the other workers did which was amazing as I felt important. I overlooked the kids when they were eating and drinking at breaks and lunch to make sure they were all drinking their milk/juice and eating their fruit. During 'lesson time' I played with the kids and applied play therapy to some of the children.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I learnt loads of new skills, coming straight from school I learnt pretty much everything at the placement as I had only done GCSE health and social.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really really enjoyed it. I loved being part of the team and to work with the kids day to day. It was so fulfilling.
4. How valued do you feel by Bright Horizons Family Solutions?
I felt so valued by the staff, and was treated like a normal worker and given nearly all the same responsibilities.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was really organised and I had the support I needed when I needed it which was really helpful when I got stuck with tasks.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As previously mentioned, I had loads of support and it was there when I needed it meaning that whatever I was stuck on i could get help with.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer and the staff at the nursery were really supportive and helped in every way they could. It was an amazing environment to work in.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
As with all apprenticeships, the pay isn't the greatest but as a school leaver I wasn't too fussed with it.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There aren't too many opportunities as it was mainly nursery based but this was not necessarily a bad thing.
9. Would you recommend Bright Horizons Family Solutions to a friend?
They were so supportive and helpful through the whole of my training.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Bright Horizons Family Solutions?
Go for it! I had friends who applied and didn't get in but they are really great with you either way and if you don't get it they provide you with really detailed feedback as to why you didnt.
More from Bright Horizons Family SolutionsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!