Sales associate at Harrods

Greater London
School Leaver Programme
March 2017

Connect with Harrods

I work for 6 months in 3 different placements across the store, providing customer service and product knowledge.

I have definitely developed in confidence and in the ability to handle tricky situations.

I enjoy what I do as it is a good balance between training sessions and hands on work. I wish I was given more responsibility sometimes.

4. How valued do you feel by Harrods?

Extremely valued as most people are aware of the program and how much it means to our directors.

The learning and development team are extremely organised when it comes to the training sessions, however department managers are sometimes unaware of what the program means and needs from us and them.

Lots of the learning and development team. Rebecca, our program leader, always encourages us to book in some time with her to have catch ups on our progress so far.

We receive support through the means of our managers and program leaders, however the directors are quite distant in terms of support.

Well, and I'm glad that I receive commission or else it would be more difficult, especially with the cost of the staff canteen.

Yes, but we are encouraged to look for these in our own time and away from the business.

9. Would you recommend Harrods to a friend?

Because it's a great alternative to university that allows you to develop as a person and an employee.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Harrods?

Take a deep breath and take every opportunity you are given as not everyone is open to half of the opportunities this experience gives you.