1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work for 6 months in 3 different placements across the store, providing customer service and product knowledge.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have definitely developed in confidence and in the ability to handle tricky situations.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy what I do as it is a good balance between training sessions and hands on work. I wish I was given more responsibility sometimes.
4. How valued do you feel by Harrods?
Extremely valued as most people are aware of the program and how much it means to our directors.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The learning and development team are extremely organised when it comes to the training sessions, however department managers are sometimes unaware of what the program means and needs from us and them.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Lots of the learning and development team. Rebecca, our program leader, always encourages us to book in some time with her to have catch ups on our progress so far.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We receive support through the means of our managers and program leaders, however the directors are quite distant in terms of support.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Well, and I'm glad that I receive commission or else it would be more difficult, especially with the cost of the staff canteen.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, but we are encouraged to look for these in our own time and away from the business.
9. Would you recommend Harrods to a friend?
Because it's a great alternative to university that allows you to develop as a person and an employee.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Harrods?
Take a deep breath and take every opportunity you are given as not everyone is open to half of the opportunities this experience gives you.
More from HarrodsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!