1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Currently I am a duty technician which involves shift work and maintaining AIX and linux based systems which provide a 24 hour service.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a plethora of skills in AIX, Linux, DB2, Oracle, Tivoli, ICD, Office, and many more.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I find it has provided me with a very broad overview of what IBM does as a company which has given me direction in my career path.
4. How valued do you feel by IBM?
Very. I am an integral part of my team.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Overall i feel my learning has little support and I am unsure of how I go about obtaining my qualifications.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My training provider regarding my qualification has given me virtually no external support other than a basic qualification overview.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive an very good level of support from my employer.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well indeed!
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
IBM has a very large base of employees and thus, many communities to join and take part in and gain extra funded qualifications.
9a. Would you recommend IBM to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It pays very well and offers me a bright future.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to IBM? *
Do it now!
More from IBMMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!