1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role involves performing generic audit work, sitting exams and working long hours.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Many new skills, CA qualification in progress
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I did, but 5 years is about 4 years too long. I wouldn't encourage students seeking to become a CA to choose the school leaver route.
4. How valued do you feel by EY?
Poorly, low remuneration, very little appreciation
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The worst. There was no exam structure when we started and we had to continue to push for a formal structure to put in place.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Early on lots, now I am more senior you are just generally left to get on with work with little support.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very poorly. I have been doing the work of someone earning double my salary for the past 2 years.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
No, our office is quite unsocial other than leaving nights and the occasional 7 aside football game
9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *
Think twice, you have to be sure you want to experience the big 4.
More from EYMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!