Civil Apprentice at Mott MacDonald

Birmignham
7th April 2016

7.8/10

Job title - Civil Apprentice Daily tasks - updating transport assessments, modelling junctions, providing support on projects, viewing accident data. Daily interactions - local authorities, councils, colleagues. Responsibilities - keeping track of my timesheet/resource tracker. Projects - Metro, general updating of road layouts.

I have been on training courses which have enabled me to develop new skills which help with my day to day tasks. I am working towards my BTEC Level 3 in Civil Engineering which will develop me as an engineer giving me more options for my future.

I have a very supportive team around me who have made my first 7 months at MM very enjoyable. The company has a good social culture with events being organised to get the team together and get to know each other better.

4. How valued do you feel by Mott MacDonald?

I feel like I am a valued member by my team who trust me to get on with projects.

The organisation of the programme is average.

I receive a lot of support from my college tutor who is easily accessible by email if I have any questions regarding my coursework.

Both my manager and my mentor are very accessible and support me on tasks and problems.

My salary just about suits my everyday living. I have to leave money aside each month for the train.

There are various events set up by the sports and social club which get the team together to build the morale.

9a. Would you recommend Mott MacDonald to a friend? *

There is a good work ethic at MM and I have been welcomed here and carried on being supported throughout my short duration so far. The projects are challenging which make it very interesting.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mott MacDonald? *

Make sure you know the company before applying. Be prepared for questions on assessment days which are related to civil engineering.