Apprentice at Mott MacDonald

Manchetser
7th April 2016

5.2/10

At the moment I am in the process of gaining as much knowledge on the design software's used by Motts, this includes AutoCAD, Revit structure, Civil 3D. on a day to day basis I am tasked with making amendments to drawings, checking drawings are update.

I have completed various courses which have helped me to understand diversity further, grasp how important health and safety is and just a general development in communicating with others in a work environment.

I would say that I partly enjoy the programme and have met some nice people whilst doing so but times it can be not enjoyable due to lack of work needing to be done.

4. How valued do you feel by Mott MacDonald?

I feel fairly valued at Mott Macdonald as I am treated like any other staff member and at times a can see some effort has gone into making sure that I as an apprentice are comfortable at Motts.

I believe its organised in someway but sometimes fails to ensure I have work to be doing or that im going down the right path in terms of doing the correct work to help get the right experience

They are always happy to help with anything but I would say that because the gap between meeting with them is quite large its not always easy to get their support.

I receive some support in terms of having progress meetings but again the gap between meetings is to big. having being moved around the office its unclear who is best to go to for guidance etc

my costs are quite high in comparison to my salary, its actually costing me a lot just to get to work, having to spend £15 a week just for parking plus the petrol for the commute. This leaves me without enough to buy my lunch on a daily basis

i have been out a couple time with work colleagues but most of the time it wasn't set up through work its self. sports days are on offer and an apprentice trip at the beginning of my programme.

9a. Would you recommend Mott MacDonald to a friend? *

Its a nice company to work for that has a relaxed but hard working environment which allows you to get on best with your work. Also its a very big company in the industry which always helps.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mott MacDonald? *

I would say prepare for you interview and make sure you have an interest in the line of working your trying to get init. maybe research it or try and experience it.