1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As a store apprentice we are given a taste of what it's like to run and operate a store. We are involved in everything from working stock to office paperwork. This includes managing the staff that work in the store.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
This apprenticeship has really brought out confidence in my abilities and has taught me how to be a fair and responsible manager. I am also more confident with handling money and dealing with the public.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?
I feel as though Aldi could be more involved with apprentices by simply getting to know what kind of college work they are doing.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The Aldi apprenticeship scheme is still very new as it has only been running for 4 years so early problems are to be expected. I feel as though the progression from one year to another needs to be smoothed out as a lot of the time I feel as though I get loads of new responsibilities at the beginning of each year only for my performance to plateau once I have a firm grasp of these.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
West Lothian College were always happy to help if I encountered any problems.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Aldi is a company on the up and offer one of the highest rates of pay for the job role. Aldi also likes to promote from within and hire young staff and students to give them a good opportunity. I feel as though it's a good place to learn and gain valuable job experience for either future jobs or a higher role in the company.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *
You need to be a hard worker in order to thrive in Aldi. You get out what you put in.
More from AldiMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!