Warehouse Selector at Aldi

Swindon

9.1/10

Warehouse operator. Currently a picker, so I gather and dispatch products from our warehouse to be sent to stores. Will be switching departments this month, and later this year when I switch departments again I will be doing differnt roles, such as checking stock within the warehouse, recieving stock in a goods in area, and transporting stock around the warehouse itself.

Will learn how to drive certain types of forked-lift trucks.

The company and people I work with are great, really friendly people and a sort-of laid back environment as long as the work gets done on time.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

Yes, my department leaders both treat me well and with respect. I am treated fairly like every other employee, and to some extent treated better.

The work side of the programme is excellent, there is a plan from august 2015 until december 2016 set up of where I will be and what I will be doing. The older apprentices are given time to revise in work hours for any exams they have had to take, and thusly I imagine I would be allowed this myself if I needed to.

My training provided at work is there most days during the week, sometimes including weekends. The training provided from the apprenticeship program I see every month and he's always friendly and talks me through what he wants on that visit, eg to record me working, if I have assignment work to do.

The department leaders are always supporting me with my work, when I have had problems with pay before they checked into it for me with the payroll team. They are kind and understanding.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

I earn much higher than the minimum wage for apprenticeships and as an 18 year old who still lives at home, I do not have many outgoing costs. I mostly waste my money.

There are little to no company events, to my knowledge.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

They way high members of staff treat us is excellent, in my opinion. Everyone is treated fair and equally.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Be honest, but be prepared to work hard and for long hours.