Bid Manager at CGI

Reading South West
Sponsored Degree Programme
January 2016

Connect with CGI

On a day-to-day basis, I begin my checking my e-mails. I then complete tasks such as spread sheets and power points that I do on a weekly basis and send them to relevant colleagues. Next I will continue to put together bids as I am working in bid management and this will usually take up the majority of my day.

I have learnt a countless amount of new skills, from putting together bids to how to network with senior members of leadership. All of the skills that I have learnt in my work place have helped me adapt in to the working environment extremely well.

I am really enjoying my programme more than I ever thought possible. Although the work load can be quite large, I enjoy the balance. I love meeting new people and learning new skills, everyday excites me!

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 6 roles at CGI

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

I feel fairly valued by CGI as I recognise my importance within the team I work in. However, I don't feel particularly recognised or praised when I go that extra mile.

The programme is fairly well structured, however, I do not feel that 95% of the work we learn in university is relevant to our role within CGI.

I have only met them twice so based on that, not a lot.

The people in my workplace are always more than willing to help me which really surprised me when joining the company.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 6 roles at CGI

My salary just about covers my costs, although sometimes I find it hard and have to borrow money as expenses done through the company can sometimes take about a week to be re-imbersed which leaves me in financial problems which really stresses me out and affect my concentration on a day-to-day basis.

There are tons of opportunities outside of work, e.g. runs, charity events and even more!

9. Would you recommend CGI to a friend?

The programme is an amazing experience for anyone interested in pursuing business but not looking to go straight in to university. I thoroughly enjoy it and want others to know about it.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI?

My biggest tip would be to learn how to balance the work/study side before applying as you may be shocked if you have not had a job before joining the company. I had a weekend job on Saturdays & Sundays whilst at school but even I was overwhelmed with this workload sometimes, so it is extremely important to be well organised and have a good sense of time management. If you are good at balancing work/study and also a social life then this is the programme for you!