Bid Manager at CGI

Sponsored Degree Programme
January 2016

Connect with CGI

6.0/10

On a day-to-day basis, I begin my checking my e-mails. I then complete tasks such as spread sheets and power points that I do on a weekly basis and send them to relevant colleagues. Next I will continue to put together bids as I am working in bid management and this will usually take up the majority of my day.

I have learnt a countless amount of new skills, from putting together bids to how to network with senior members of leadership. All of the skills that I have learnt in my work place have helped me adapt in to the working environment extremely well.

I am really enjoying my programme more than I ever thought possible. Although the work load can be quite large, I enjoy the balance. I love meeting new people and learning new skills, everyday excites me!

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at CGI

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

I feel fairly valued by CGI as I recognise my importance within the team I work in. However, I don't feel particularly recognised or praised when I go that extra mile.

The programme is fairly well structured, however, I do not feel that 95% of the work we learn in university is relevant to our role within CGI.

I have only met them twice so based on that, not a lot.

The people in my workplace are always more than willing to help me which really surprised me when joining the company.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at CGI

My salary just about covers my costs, although sometimes I find it hard and have to borrow money as expenses done through the company can sometimes take about a week to be re-imbersed which leaves me in financial problems which really stresses me out and affect my concentration on a day-to-day basis.

There are tons of opportunities outside of work, e.g. runs, charity events and even more!

9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *

The programme is an amazing experience for anyone interested in pursuing business but not looking to go straight in to university. I thoroughly enjoy it and want others to know about it.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *

My biggest tip would be to learn how to balance the work/study side before applying as you may be shocked if you have not had a job before joining the company. I had a weekend job on Saturdays & Sundays whilst at school but even I was overwhelmed with this workload sometimes, so it is extremely important to be well organised and have a good sense of time management. If you are good at balancing work/study and also a social life then this is the programme for you!