Higher Project Management Apprentice at CGI

Edinburgh
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
28th January 2016

Connect with CGI

I am an apprentice project manager, I deal with the time scale and deadlines for the aspect of the project I am on at the moment. I deal with SME's and their payment terms and I help keep both my managers on track with what we need, from who and when. I work between 2 bases which is exciting because its nice to have different people to work with sometimes.

I have learned how to process PO's and change requests on our procurement system, how to use a system we call OMT, more communication skills and I have developed more confidence.

I enjoy my programme a lot, there is lots of variety and different things to do every day and im not just stuck in one place all day every day.

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

I feel really valued as a part of CGI, I always get praised and thanked for everything I do. Everything you do is recognised.

Very, I have a clear indication of my modules and what is expect of me in these, I have a clear indication of what is expected of me in the work place, I have constant support from my managers and my tutor, I get plenty of time to do my course work, I see my mentor once a month but I can contact her whenever I need her.

Constant communication with QA, even if it is just to see how I am doing. they put me on the right path as to what I need to do for each module of my course and always there if I am struggling.

Loads, im constantly in meetings and catch up sessions with employees who are interested and caring about how I am fitting in and how I am doing

I have enough to budget my car, with my work and my social life, it's great. I can come to work and feel happy in the comfort of my own car along with being able to go out and spend time with my family & friends.

Lots of volunteering opertunities. SME get togethers. Traditional parties like ceilidhs, burns suppers, Christmas nights. also MA and Grad nights

9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *

Its a great environment to work in, everyone gets along, everyones supportive of each other & they're flexible to your needs.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *

Be yourself, there are a variety of people within our work place and each individual has a personal quality that adds to our team.