Hi! Just a little message to let you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy.

Sponsored Degree Student at CGI

Reading
Sponsored Degree Programme
January 2016

Connect with CGI

7.3/10

My current role is as a Test Analyst, which means I test and analyse a lot of data for my project. I have only just recently started this role, but so far I am enjoying it.

As mentioned above, I have only just started my new role, but in the last week or so I am beginning to learn new skills regarding testing and analysing data.

I have been on this programme for nearly six months, and so far I am enjoying it. I have made new friends and learnt new and valuable skills.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at CGI

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

As a sponsored degree student I do feel valued by my company, as they invest a lot of time and money into us, and I feel like my managers care about my development.

The programme is fairly well organised, however, I felt like they could have provided us with some more help with getting our first role back in September.

I receive a fair amount of support from the university. Most of my lecturers are really helpful and good at answering any questions that I may have regarding my degree.

I receive a lot of support from my employer. I have a career manager, a line manager, a buddy from year 2, and a mentor. All of these people care about my wellbeing, and want to help me.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at CGI

Considering this is my first job and I just finished my A-levels back in June, my salary meets my costs very well (especially since I still live at home).

There are numerous opportunities outside of work to take part in leisure and social activities. CGI has a social club which holds a number of activities throughout the year.

9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *

This programme is a great opportunity for those who are unsure of what they want to do in the future, but know that they want a degree. You also get 6 years of work experience which looks good on any CV.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *

Make sure you fully understand what you are taking on when you apply, as completing a degree whilst working full-time is not easy. You need to have good time-management skills.