Sponsored Degree Student at CGI

Sponsored Degree Programme
January 2016

Connect with CGI

7.3/10

My current role is as a Test Analyst, which means I test and analyse a lot of data for my project. I have only just recently started this role, but so far I am enjoying it.

As mentioned above, I have only just started my new role, but in the last week or so I am beginning to learn new skills regarding testing and analysing data.

I have been on this programme for nearly six months, and so far I am enjoying it. I have made new friends and learnt new and valuable skills.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 6 roles at CGI

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

As a sponsored degree student I do feel valued by my company, as they invest a lot of time and money into us, and I feel like my managers care about my development.

The programme is fairly well organised, however, I felt like they could have provided us with some more help with getting our first role back in September.

I receive a fair amount of support from the university. Most of my lecturers are really helpful and good at answering any questions that I may have regarding my degree.

I receive a lot of support from my employer. I have a career manager, a line manager, a buddy from year 2, and a mentor. All of these people care about my wellbeing, and want to help me.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 6 roles at CGI

Considering this is my first job and I just finished my A-levels back in June, my salary meets my costs very well (especially since I still live at home).

There are numerous opportunities outside of work to take part in leisure and social activities. CGI has a social club which holds a number of activities throughout the year.

9. Would you recommend CGI to a friend?

This programme is a great opportunity for those who are unsure of what they want to do in the future, but know that they want a degree. You also get 6 years of work experience which looks good on any CV.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI?

Make sure you fully understand what you are taking on when you apply, as completing a degree whilst working full-time is not easy. You need to have good time-management skills.