1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Deputy Manager - mainly doing a store assistant jobs, including more advanced jobs through working with the safe etc.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
ive learned a few skills that I have trained myself on, through working with the safe and putting wastage through the system.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
To be perfectly honest I've given up trying to get training so im just going in and doing the job and going home.
4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?
the only thing that makes me feel valued is through a few managers at my store, those few are the only people who thank me for my work and I can enjoy going to work to see, everyone else including higher up to me are not taking my position seriously.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the College side of things the organization part is fine but in the stores side is id bad for me personally
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
my training provider is trying her hardest but higher up aren't giving her the support she and myself needs.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
my employer so far hasn't given me much support, unless I have said to him face to face I need help.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
the pay is great for an apprenticeship but for the work im doing and what I live on it isn't great I always find myself short.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
none at all.
9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
in our store at least I wouldn't because I could tell them that they wouldn't get training and they would start to not enjoy it
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *
go into the store first and speak to the staff and the management about the position or preferably someone in the position you are going for because first hand knowledge is what I wish I had got.
More from AldiMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!