Apprentice Engineer at DSTL

salisbury

Connect with DSTL

8.3/10

learning engineering milling and turning skills, covering in depth engineering principles and hydraulics. we also do practical lessons on the actual machines.

yes I have leaning advanced milling and turning skills this covers the basics all the way to the advanced and difficult tasks. I can also do real jobs for customers as well instead of just for training purposes.

I enjoy this program very much as it is something I wish to pursue and become an experienced and charted engineer. I have been enjoying the training a lot and cant wait to become and engineer.

4. How valued do you feel by DSTL?

i feel very valued be DSTl as the help me with all my work or issues i face. i know that i can go to any DSTL member and ask any question on my work and they will help me out. this makes me feel valued because i feel like one of the team.

our program is very organised, we get a yearly timetable and a weekly timetable to tell us if anything has changed. we get advanced notice of where we are going on placement so that we can get prepared and ready for the 3 months

i get a fair amount of support from my training provider in forms of a report and general chats with my training provider. i also get written feedback on my work and help whenever i am stuck on something.

i get a fair amount of support from my employer in forms of a report and general chats with my employer. We have a group meeting fortnightly to discuss how everything is going and if we have any issues to discuss.

the salary packet is alright would prefer to have more but it is much better than the normal apprentice wage so i am happy with my pay as an apprentice.

yes there are we get sent on placements to do work at different sites this is so that we can get different experiences and feels for the engineering life.

9a. Would you recommend DSTL to a friend? *

beacsue they are a good company to work with, have a good pension plan and have loads of job opportunities within the company and other companies.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to DSTL? *

use there pension plan and support plans set for you. have everything about you and your family and home all with you when you fill in the forms as you will need them. do research on DSTL and what they do before you go for the interview.