1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role as an Associate Project Manager is to provide help to the Project Managers to ensure the smooth running of a project.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt quite a lot of new skills since the start of my apprenticeship but also building up existing skills that I had but hadn't used for some time
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am very happy with the programme that I am on, I never feel out of place. Every one I work with always treats me with respect and doesn't see me as an apprentice, they see me as there equal. They make me comfortable with asking any questions
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
my programme is very organised and structured, my line manager has taken the time to look at my course structure and put in a schedule of work that will line up with what I will be learning at University.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a lot of support in my day to day work and I can always ask for help if I need it and I know they will always try to accommodate to my needs.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I have received a lot of support from my training provider, they have provided lots of online services in order to help us towards our qualifications. I also know that they are only an email away and will help me to the best of their ability with whatever I need.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel that my qualification will help me massively in my role as it will give me the skills I need in order to better myself as an APM but also to help my team provide the best quality within our projects.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes there are plenty of extra curricular activities, I think there must be over 10 within the company and vary from: Yoga classes, Cycling team, new starters group and many more
9a. Would you recommend DSTL to a friend?
They are a great company to work for and have many great benefits along with it, it has been the best company I have worked for and hope to work within the company for a long time.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to DSTL?
Be patient, it may take some time to get there but once you do it is worth it!