Advanced Apprenticeship – Manufacturing (Mobility)
Siemens Mobility Limited are currently looking for talented advanced apprentices to join Siemens Rail Automation in Chippenham.
As a Rail Technologies Apprentice in Siemens Rail Automation, you will be a part of a manufacturing team working in Production/Test Engineering, Quality Control and Continuous Improvement, Logistics, Sales & Sales/Production Planning supplying rail equipment to the world’s rail networks with the market leader in train control in the UK and globally.
As there are more people using rail links every day, there is a need for continuous improvement of the rail networks. With this comes an ever-growing need for Future Makers like you.
- You will spend most of your first year at a college nominated by Siemens located near your regional office, developing the core knowledge and skills which are the foundations for many aspects of technology.
- After the first year, you will formally join the manufacturing department based at Chippenham assisting with manufacturing production support activities whilst also continuing college on a day release basis.
- You will attend a programme of Rail & Product specific training spread over the 3 years.
- With the training received and experience gained, you will be able to produce a portfolio of work-based evidence which will enable you to gain a vocational competency qualification by the end of your apprenticeship.
- The knowledge and skills gained whilst on the programme will enable you to support the Manufacturing function in a range of roles ensuring the timely delivery of globally renowned, high quality, railway signalling and control equipment.
- Upon successfully meeting the requirements, you will complete a BTEC Level 3 (or equivalent in Engineering)
- You will have the opportunity to develop soft skills to compliment your technical skills in the workplace
- You will be a part of the Entry Level Talent community with other ambitious young people
- You will have real responsibility and contribute towards live rail projects
- All employees have a duty to comply with Health, Safety and Environment Procedures.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s with Mathematics at Grade 9-6 / A-B (or Functional Skills Level 2), English Language Grade 9-5 / A-C (or Functional Skills Level 2) and a Science at Grade 9-5 / A-C
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- An ability and willingness to learn
- An interest in the railway
- Able to communicate and work effectively within a team
- Passion for technology and why things work
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!