1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
For this apprenticeship, I spend 4 months in various different teams within the business for 3 years. Due to this, my day to day business can vary depening on which placement I am currently in. My current placement is in Governance which involves attending meetings, setting up workshops, taking notes in meetings and updating processes
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes in each different placement a new skillset is tested each time helping me to improve my skills in things such as communication and stakeholder management
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy various different parts of the programme on both the work and social aspect of it.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
As a member of the Early Careers community I feel like the Early Careers team are always there when you need them and value the role each trainee plays in the business.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It follows an organised structure of movement every 4 months to a predetermiend placement along with a set college day during the week.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As much as required. Training is delivered at Blackpool and the Fylde college and although it is not local, the tutors are available by email/phone call when needed
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as required. Early Careers frequently hold forums to get our views on current affairs and make themselves available for when we need them.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It meets my needs okay due to still living with parents and so therefore not having too much to pay off each month
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Opportunities for what? Sorry do not understand the question.
9. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
I feel like it is a huge part of our local community and offers many employee benefits.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems?
Know the area and learn about the different programmes within BAE
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!