Apprentice at Arup

warren street

9.6/10

I am an electrical technicain and my day to day role involes 3D modelling of building servies into buildings. I am also involved in doing engineering calcualtions which will asist me in performing my job as a technician.

throughtout my year with arup i have developed an immense amount of new skills and knowladge. Thanks to my collage course i am able to get the engineering overview whilst at work im developing my technicain skills in modelling in 3D in revit

I have nothing to complain about, the comapany is amazing, the people i work with are great and overall its beaten my expectations

4. How valued do you feel by Arup?

The apprentices are involved in everything that takes place within the company, when you perfom well you are praised. whithin the projects them selfs we are required to work individually

The program overall is very well organised, we started with a weeks inductions about the whole course. The training is very well organised like wise the studying route. There is always allot of support and people willing to help.

Each apprentice is assigned two mentors who are in charge of your persanall development. we have meeting with out mentors every fortnight to discuss any problems or ask any questions. Apart from that they are accessible at any time of the day. Any guidance can also be accessed through anyone in your team. Everyone always seems keen to help.

As mentioned above loads of help is recieved from all members of the company

The salary compared to other apprenticeships is fairly good but working in central london is fairly costly after adding up travel and other expenses. deffinitly enought to make ends meet if your still living with parents.

There are many events, activities and voluntary opportunites available to all apprentices

9a. Would you recommend Arup to a friend? *

its a great company with never ending oppertunites to develop your skills, futhermore there is a great atmosphere which means allot when working.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arup? *

do not stress about any parts of the application process everyone is very relaxed including the in the interviews. I would definitly asked more on the kind of things a engineering technicain does.