1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Complaint handler dealing with complaints from small to medium business customers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I learnt new processes within the bank however these were basic processes, eg no lending processes, DCS processes ect
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I felt within a few months that there was no progression and this was the case.
4. How valued do you feel by RBS?
I raised my concerns about the program early on and was passed from pillar to post. No one was willing to listen or take ownership of the concerns raised, at one point admiting that we had been put into a role not suitable for what they were trying to achieve from the program, however nothing was done about this.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The program had no structure and no obvious developement paths. Support with what learning there was was also minimal.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
There was very little contact, and on some occasions I would have to send 5/6 messages to get a reply. Also had no access to external email.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Please refer to previous statements about no support and no one taking ownership of concerns.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary was very good for a starting position. This was the main positive of the role.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
These were not communicated to me so I would have to state that there were not.
9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I feel the program has no structure and the learning was a tag on. This was not an apprenticeship in my opinion it was just a clerical role within the bank.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *
Questions heavily what role you are starting in as my role had very very limited oppertunities for progression and there was no support in regards to this.
More from RBSMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!