1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a junior CAD technician that uses BIM programs to complete work that is set. I work within a team of 3. It is my responsibility to complete mark ups for drawings given to me by engineers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a lot using BIM programs that I had no previous experience of before joining the company. I developed as a person and working with others. I am currently completing an NVQ whilst working.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I would say I do enjoy the programme. I like the people I work with. I try to make the most of my time in work
4. How valued do you feel by Arup?
Sometimes I feel valued and other times I don't. I like it when I get good feedback. sometimes I feel like I'm bottom of the team
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I have received good training and support. Sometimes I am delegated the unwanted tasks. Support with my qualification could be better
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel like I receive substantial support from my training provider. If I have any queries they are always there to help
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel like I receive substantial support from my employer. I'm confident that if I needed something it would be sorted out
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary is enough for my living costs and leisure.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are opportunities to play football and other activities as well as social events within work
9a. Would you recommend Arup to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good company with good values who are willing to invest in you and progress you with your career
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arup? *
obtain a good level of professionalism and work your hardest to be the best you can be
More from ArupMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!