CAD Technician at Arup

Manchester

7.0/10

I am a junior CAD technician that uses BIM programs to complete work that is set. I work within a team of 3. It is my responsibility to complete mark ups for drawings given to me by engineers.

I have learnt a lot using BIM programs that I had no previous experience of before joining the company. I developed as a person and working with others. I am currently completing an NVQ whilst working.

I would say I do enjoy the programme. I like the people I work with. I try to make the most of my time in work

4. How valued do you feel by Arup?

Sometimes I feel valued and other times I don't. I like it when I get good feedback. sometimes I feel like I'm bottom of the team

I have received good training and support. Sometimes I am delegated the unwanted tasks. Support with my qualification could be better

I feel like I receive substantial support from my training provider. If I have any queries they are always there to help

I feel like I receive substantial support from my employer. I'm confident that if I needed something it would be sorted out

My salary is enough for my living costs and leisure.

Yes there are opportunities to play football and other activities as well as social events within work

9a. Would you recommend Arup to a friend? *

Good company with good values who are willing to invest in you and progress you with your career

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arup? *

obtain a good level of professionalism and work your hardest to be the best you can be