Associate at Grant Thornton

Northampton
18th May 2015

Connect with Grant Thornton

6.8/10

My role is an audit associate. This requires the preparation of statutory audits on a wide range of SME's.

AAT Level 4. I have learnt a huge variety of skills within the professional work place.

My enjoyment of my work is entirely dependant on the client. I love working for Grant Thornton, they have a great culture.

4. How valued do you feel by Grant Thornton?

Appreciation from managers is lacking in the Northampton office; however, when working for the wider office there is far more gratitude. Since joining I have been well recognised by senior leadership. We are all encouraged to get involved in projects outside of our day to day roles.

Induction - 3/10 Training - 8/10 Support - 5/10 Studying - 8/10 Task delegation 7/10 Team Hierarchy 2/10 Programme organisation 3/10

Kaplan financial generally provide whatever support is required. I have always found them very accommodating.

On some levels, they are fantastic. Our department lacks on the support towards studying.

Salary is low in comparison with other firms.

There are often events available to all staff outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend Grant Thornton to a friend? *

The firm as a whole are great. There are only certain areas in which I would advise against.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Grant Thornton? *

I did not come through a traditional route. I would advise getting in contact with people you may know working I Grant Thornton to hear about the best opportunities.