1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is an audit associate. This requires the preparation of statutory audits on a wide range of SME's.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
AAT Level 4. I have learnt a huge variety of skills within the professional work place.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
My enjoyment of my work is entirely dependant on the client. I love working for Grant Thornton, they have a great culture.
4. How valued do you feel by Grant Thornton?
Appreciation from managers is lacking in the Northampton office; however, when working for the wider office there is far more gratitude. Since joining I have been well recognised by senior leadership. We are all encouraged to get involved in projects outside of our day to day roles.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Induction - 3/10 Training - 8/10 Support - 5/10 Studying - 8/10 Task delegation 7/10 Team Hierarchy 2/10 Programme organisation 3/10
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Kaplan financial generally provide whatever support is required. I have always found them very accommodating.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
On some levels, they are fantastic. Our department lacks on the support towards studying.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Salary is low in comparison with other firms.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are often events available to all staff outside of work.
9a. Would you recommend Grant Thornton to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
The firm as a whole are great. There are only certain areas in which I would advise against.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Grant Thornton? *
I did not come through a traditional route. I would advise getting in contact with people you may know working I Grant Thornton to hear about the best opportunities.
More from Grant ThorntonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!