Store Assistant at Aldi

Redcar
5th May 2015

8.6/10

My role on a day to day basis includes stock and store jobs , ranging from stocking shelves to working on till, most days start off with me working stock such as bread or chiller, then I have to check dates of the products. I would then get a till and count it up and get it ready to serve customers, during my role on till I would be doing other things when the ques die down such as working fulls and decarding the store. Once my shift is up I then take my till and count it up and sign the required documents.

Since my time at aldi I have developed many skills such as teamwork, organisation, management, working under pressure.

I enjoy my programme a lot as it has opened a lot of doors for me since working there. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great career and opportunities in life

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel very valued at aldi and feel like my position there is needed

My programme is very structured and always has things in place to take me to the next step weather it be in store training or at college doing an exam

The support I receive is very helpful and helps me a lot, my exams are key to advancing onto the next level of my programme. My provider helps me by giving me the correct information on the topics I need to know.

My employer gives me a lot of support with everything , I feel like I can go to them about anything and I would have the support.

My salary is really reasonable, and suits my needs and is enough to get by on

Yes there are plenty of opportunities outside of work such as other store work

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

Because it opens many doors and it great for young people who are looking to make a career out of something

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

My best tip is to be confidant and be yourself, and you need to be dedicated to becoming one of the aldi team.