1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
IT Project Management, involved in corresponding with owners of services and all movement/upgrades of middleware items
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
yes, learnt many brand new skills unique to the job role aswell as built upon social skills interacting with project teams as the coordinator thus acquiring technical knowledge of many areas at the same time
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by HSBC?
Fairly, early on it was not as much due to getting odd jobs to do but as i settled into the role i've taken a more central position and feel like an active contributor on par with other Project managers
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
patchy, standards for marking changed on the fly fairly often and some unit criteria did not apply to the job role which made them hard to fulfill
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
plenty early on but later into the programme when class sessions ended it was very difficult to get in contact with my instructor outside of scheduling a meeting in his often full calendar for menial questions
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
lots of support, my manager was very understanding and accommodating in allowing me time to complete my apprentice studies and provided additional support where required
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
more than enough
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
[This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] volunteering work is made available to do outside of work
9. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend?
very accommodating, guaranteed job on completion and opportunity to develop within the role or within a different role and progress upwards
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to HSBC?
get involved in all of the opportunities presented, attend training courses often to expand your skillset and get fully involved in working initiatives
More from HSBCMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!