Apprentice Software Developer at Atos

Forres
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
17th April 2015

5.8/10

On a day-to-day basis I am completing QA essays for my assessor who visits every 6 weeks and I follow a java programming training scheme.

I have definitely learned new skills with communication and have improved there as well. Practically, I have learned new programming skills with java.

Because I enjoy programming, this apprenticeship definitely is for me. I prefer the practical sides of things so the theory side is quite bad in my opinion. I thought this apprenticeship was more practical opposed to theory. We do have to complete quite a lot of reports/essays for our QA assessors and course trainers.

4. How valued do you feel by Atos?

I feel like I have little value This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions but that's fine in my opinion - as long as I get something out of this apprenticeship!

I feel my apprenticeship is well structured but could definitely be compressed into a smaller duration.

When I ask, I get quite a descriptive response so I have no problems there.

My employer could not be better to be honest. He is straight with his answers and gets straight to the point. Very helpful.

I'm 17-years old and am on 12k, soon to be 13.5k. I like my wage.

Not that I know of..

9a. Would you recommend Atos to a friend? *

Because I personally enjoy my apprenticeship and enjoy the wage.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atos? *

Be prepared for a lot of theory work!