1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
SQL Server DBA - Managing and maintaining SQL servers throughout our estate. Daily I complete requests from staff as well as run the bank activities.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
The best skill that I'm still learning is the query language. I've built up other skills such as communication, team work and time management.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It took a while to get going but after that and when the work load started to come through I began to enjoy it a lot more.
4. How valued do you feel by HSBC?
I feel quite valued at HSBC it feels like I belong to a team.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
In the beginning it wasn't very organised at all, we had a change of tutors a few month into the program which delayed our course by a month or so. After this the program began to take shape and the new tutor has really helped up to get back to the normal rate.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I personally have had ample support, especally with my maths. They did not give up on me or anyone come to think of it.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer has been a good support in terms of my progression.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Without overtime I can just about make it through the month, I know other apprenticeships throughout the country are only on a few pound an hour so I am more than happy with what I'm paid compared to these. If the pay packet was lower I think I'd still be in my old dead-end job.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are some
9. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend?
This is a brilliant organisation to work for; they train you up in house or send to the external companies for training such as QA and Microsoft. There are also opportunities to learn other technologies too so if after a few years on one certain technology you can request to learn something new.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to HSBC?
More from HSBCMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!