1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Various admin tasks Background reading 1-2-1s with fellow employees
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed communication, organisation, planning, etc. Gained ITIL foundation
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is good but sometimes a bit slow
4. How valued do you feel by HSBC?
Not very, feel I do not contribute much to the team and its working currently
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Not too great with assignments handed out at random, not often covered the content. Managers do not seem to be aware of what they should be doing.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Little-none, when approached they are not very helpful. If they are it takes a lot of chasing and effort on your part to get to them.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot, if you have a problem they are happy to help with anything in any way they can
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well, especially for an apprenticeship wage
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, lots to do volunteer wise, sports clubs, team events, festive events, apprentice get togethers, etc.
9. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend?
It is very friendly, competitive salary, a good course with interesting content, but it does need refining and a better level of support if struggling.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to HSBC?
Be yourself, open and honest. They are looking for people who get on with others and are eager to learn in the IT field.
More from HSBCMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!