1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assisting on developing new project to optimize the production process. Involves monitoring equipment using a vast amount of software programs and testing equipment to better and reliably perform better. Assist the maintenance department on fault finding.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a vast amount of new skills, including PLC programming and using other software to develop and diagnose control systems across the warehouse. Also I am able to develop my skills on working as a big team and following procedures thoroughly, especially on the health and safety perspective.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am fully enjoying the program I am involved in. It has been very interesting, challenging, and I consider myself very fortunate to be part of this programme. The fact that is provides a degree qualification is an added bonus to the program and makes it very appealing to prospective employers.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
From my opinion, the programme is very well organised by Siemens together with Amazon. There have been some setbacks, not directly related to the training provider, but they have dealt with them in a timely and effective way. I feel confident in the path ahead and believe it will provide me with the qualifications to succeed.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
From the beginning of the program I feel very supported by my employer. From day 1 they have provide me with the tool to well perform and be successful in my journey. My manager is very supportive and competent and makes me very happy to be part of the team.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
From my point of view, Siemens is an excellent training provider. They have recruited very competent and nice personnel to manage our training and help us with all aspects along the way. They are always a phone call away for all our needs, even if it's something personal or confidential, they are able to address it in a timely and very professional way.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The qualification I am working towards is essential to perform my job right. It provides me the right tools to manage my tasks and develop new skills. This program has a management skills focus, which makes it very eye opening and useful for future tasks and job performance when managing projects and people.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
At the moment there are no extra-curricular activities to get involved at work.
9a. Would you recommend Amazon to a friend?
Amazon is a great place to work and develop skills and competencies. It provides opportunities to develop in other fields and provides the chance to further develop the career we are pursuing with great support. There are also great teams at amazon that will make you feel like you are part of the team from day 1 and help you succeed.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Amazon?
When applying to a job at Amazon it is important to get prepared for the interview ahead. Preparation is key. Get familiar with what Amazon does and how they do it. And remember... is all about the customer.