1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Management of products and category performance, focusing on KPIs and financial targets. Cross functional and supplier relationship management building annual activity plans.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Gained insight in to theory behind people and performance management. Developed critical skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It supports my job role and personal interests. Feel that the programme is benefiting me greatly.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Well structured plan is in place for the entire course with specific recall days and deadlines in place.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My manager is very supportive. Would appreciate improved alignment across company/government/university guidance on study days as well as a central support centre for company resources available.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Recourses are available and tutors provide guidance and support.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The course covers subjects that are relevant to my job role and enhances my performance through new knowledge as well as confidence building.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Activities are available, but these can be limited based on which part of the business you work in.
9a. Would you recommend Boots to a friend?
It’s a good company to gain exposure to a global business, but improvement is needed, especially when considering approach to flexible working and actioning employee feedback.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Boots?
You can gain a lot of experience quickly, but need to make sure that this is something you are asking for. You need to drive your own development and growth by finding opportunities.