1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I currently work as Key Supply Assistant ensuring stock goes to our Boots stores at the correct time, looking after Sun, Indulgent Bathing and Accessories
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a large amount of skills in my first year at University. Not only has it developed my thinking and understanding of wider business principles, but also my ability to network and self reflect
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I absolutely love the programme and would recommend it to anyone!
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The structure and organisation has been brilliant from Nottingham Trent University, especially around Covid 19 and adapting their lectures to fit
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My manager has been amazing, right from applying all the way through to now. The support shown while on the course is brilliant
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
There is a phenomenal amount of support in place from Nottingham Trent. They are always happy to take calls, emails or whatever we require to help support us in our journey, which I think will play a pivotal role in getting us through the next few months working virtually
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The qualification has allowed me to understand my style and adapt to situations which I didn't previously have any knowledge of. Similarly, it has made me understand the 'bigger picture' of the business and the role in which I play
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are definitely events at our workplace all the time, which is a benefit of working for Boots. Specifically apprentices have access to networking lunches, guidance on CV writing etc.
9a. Would you recommend Boots to a friend?
Boots offer a wide range of apprentices and really encourage personal development within role. This has allowed me to study a degree to provide a better future for my children, while earning money.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Boots?
Be yourself, show you can work in an agile way and think on your feet