1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work as a Project Support Officer in a busy Project and Portfolio Management team. Day to day my role consist of project reporting, project meetings, continuous improvement tasks and team coordination.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills in this role and my previous role in Production Planning: Active listening, Planning both personal and teams, Decision making, Time management.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am enjoying using the skills I have and that I am developing to achieve a formal qualification.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised with good communication.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer supports the programme.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My trainer is very approachable and has become a friend!
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I am learning the core of business processes that then make my day to day work more relevant and my qualification will aid my transferable skills for the future.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes, there are many! We have an active sports and social club, tennis, gym yoga and much more it is a great environment to be a part of.
9a. Would you recommend Roke to a friend?
I have worked for Roke for over 10 years, it has changed over this time yes but the core values remain. I feel supported and nurtured in my career, yet challenged and pushed to achieve my best.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Roke?
Be yourself, we are all individuals, its what makes us!