1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
In my apprenticeship I do 3 days training in workshops in multiple sections for 4-6 weeks before changing to another section. I then do a day of college where we learn about different engineering topics.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
During my apprenticeship I have developed new skills and furthered my existing skills. Theses new and developed skills will help me with future engineering work in the business.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my apprenticeship very much, as engineering is a subject that am passionate about.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The apprenticeships is very well structured and all work is done to a tight schedule, while remaining enough time to focus and produce a good standard of work.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer provides as much support as necessary and the tutors will help you out as much as they can.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
When working towards my qualifications the tutors provide excellent support, they will dedicate as much time as they can and they are always willing to help if you raise an issue.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel that my qualifications are very useful to me and allow me to perform well at my job role.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are a few social activities that we can get involved in.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
I would recommend BAE Systems because it is a very in depth apprenticeship that covers and teaches a wide range of engineering. also the support and the facilities are very impressive and allow learning to be done easily.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems?
I would research the apprenticeship and the business as much as possible. I recommend that you are very passionate about engineering and show it by doing engineering projects yourself.