1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a team leader at the food warehouse my role involves making sure we stay legally compliant with our food safety standards running a team of staff for replenishment and helping with day to day operations and planning
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed better customer service due to lifetime and on the job training, learned more in depth the processes involved in maintaining accurate stock levels and how to plan for upcoming events
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy my lifetime training and on the job progression although time constraints have been a problem
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
On lifetime side it is amazing my trainer cannot do enough to help me although I am struggling with time constraints at work at the moment due to cycle 5 changeover
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My manager supports me 100% with anything I need although we do struggle to find time for one to one meetings
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Support of my trainer is top notch I couldn't ask for more
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It helps me perform day to day tasks a lot easier and with more understanding sing of why we have procedures in place aswell as taking my career and customer service to the next step
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
We do have talent events although ibstruggke to find time to attend and we have staff nights out bowling eating etc to promote team building
9a. Would you recommend Iceland to a friend?
Great opportunities and sense of achievement if you put the effort in
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Iceland?
Make sure your flexible and willing to put in the effort to move upwards
More from IcelandMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!