1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Managing a store alongside other managers and on my own. This involves following company process and sticking to standards
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills which I am always trying to implement into my daily work routine. Skills such as how to start employees SMART targets, how to motivate a team and how to handle performance reviews
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme and feel it has been very beneficial for me
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is well structured and works well so that you can manage your time effectively on a month to month basis
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive all the support I need from my employer, in both the advice and training sections. At the same time I have the support of knowing if I need time off to complete more of the apprentice I can plan some off
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I receive all of the support I need for my apprenticeship, both in the sections of the course and in general advice during our 1 to 1 meetings
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It helps an awful lot as it makes me think about how I should be acting in order to become the best leader I can be. It helps me collate all of my skills
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Iceland to a friend?
As it is a nice environment to work in, everyone helps the other team members. There is also a lot of room for progression and training in all sorts of skills
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Iceland?
I would say that they need to be ready to sacrifice as much of their own time for the team and to work as hard as possible
More from IcelandMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!