1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Work with and support finance teams on the budget process. We use a tool/app called PBCS (Planning, Budgeting and Cloud Service). My team help build this and do the "behind the scenes" development work.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned a lot about Finance and how the bank works as a whole. I have learned a lot about a new tool which is widely used in finance. My communication and listening skills have developed and improved significantly since coming into this role.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The apprenticeship work is very interesting however, a lot of it is not related to what I do in my role. This is different for others as they are in different roles etc.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
BPP our apprenticeship provider sometimes delay in getting back to us about questions and work getting marked. However the training sessions I have attended so far have been interesting and useful.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My manager is very supportive and has told me to ask him/reach out to him with any questions that I may have and he will do his best to help me out.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Both my assessor and trainer have told me to get in contact with them if I have any questions about course work etc. Sometimes there is a delay in response from them but when they do respond it is usually very useful.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
This allows me to plan/organise my days better as I need to prioritise my work, both job related and course work related.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There is always social events going on that everyone can sign up to. Some people organise sport matches (football) for after work which I take part in.
9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend?
It is a great place to work with lots of career opportunities throughout the whole organisation. There is also lots of support throughout too.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS?
Research the company and be prepared for any type of question. Know what the bank wants to achieve (ambition), and understand what the company offers to its customers. Also knowing the key values of the bank as this will help with your day to day job.
More from RBSMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!