Apprentice Store Manager at Iceland

Colchester
May 2019

Connect with Iceland

10 /10

Apprentice store manager - running store on day to day basis ensuring the store runs safe and legal and delivers great customer service. Recruiting and retaining a great team with vast knowledge of skills and development plans.

I have developed a lot of self awareness and how to best deal with difficult situations. I have also learnt about different theories and techniques I can apply in store everyday with my team.

I have enjoyed the programme and feel like I have grown as store manager as a result of what I have learnt.

Imagine yourself working at Iceland

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Iceland

The programme is clearly structured with modules and assessments throughout the year which prepare you well for the end assessments.

I receive a lot of support helping me to ensure I stay on track and submit work on time and ready for each next module. We also receive training sessions which help us to develop in our role.

Lifetime offer support throughout the whole course. You can contact your trainer at any time if you are unsure on anything and you can go through any activities or anything you don’t understand at the next planned meeting.

I feel that because of the course I perform better in my role and deal with situation better in my store because of what I have learnt around dealing with situations differently to get the best results.

We go on social events after every managers meeting and have team build exercises.

9a. Would you recommend Iceland to a friend?

Iceland is a great place to work offering great training and development and looks after its people.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Iceland?

Iceland takes development seriously and is a great place to start at any level to progress through to be anything you want to be. Iceland encourages you to bring your personality to work and is a great place to work.