1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
on a day to day bases i take many calls from customers and detail with queries or changes to there insurance policies. i also detail with customers payment issue and complaints on a regular occurrence. i have to deal with customers on a fast pace bases in peak busy period
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
i have learnt lots of new skills within my apprenticeship. these include my handling with difficult customer and trying to avoid a complaint by dealing with queries and problems quickly and efficiently. i have also learnt how to improve my telephone manor and how i can portray a happiness through the phone
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme swings up and down. On a good day the job role is very enjoyable and the day fly by but on other days it can become very stressful. the books we are reading for our apprenticeship are very bulky and can be a little bit boring. its okay
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the programme started off not particularly structured but other the period of the course it has started become very organised. at the start of my apprenticeship it was a bit all over the place as we were the first apprenticeships that direct line had so we were a bit of a test.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have received a lot of support recently from my employer as i struggle with my reading my employer has given me extra time to help with this. my team leader is always asking me how my course is going and always keeping a good positive vide on it to encourage me
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
i receive monthly talks from my assessor to see how i am doing and to help me with anything i need, she also makes me aware she is only an email away. she is always emailing to make sure she is available on the days that she is coming to the office
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
the information i gain from my course/ training provide has help me massively when having difficult conversations with my customers. when i read the book i pick out information that i use in to my day to day job such as the insurance interest topic has helped me massively over my job
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
the office occasional do quiz nights and socials but most activities outside work are arranged by the employee such as I play football on a Tuesdays night. the office organise a christmas party to try and get everyone in the office involved and so that the bonding of people in the office are closer
9a. Would you recommend Direct Line to a friend?
i believe the business is a very good business and is also willing to help there employees. the job can be a bit boring but the company do everything to keep good spirits in the office. the company are always in the festive spirit such as giving easter eggs out
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Direct Line?
i would advise them to take the job if offered and keep calm during the phone interview and when they are working for company to always put there self in there customers shoes. the company is a really friendly company so always smile when on the phone or not as it can be portrayed.
More from Direct LineMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!