1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
-Attending and contributing in meeyings, -Managing my own tasks and time, -Looking after the operational side of a product. -Getting involved in new projects. -Meeting new people
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
-Internal/External training. -Studying towards a degree -Professional skills -Communication skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy working in a team it feels like I am a part of something bigger; its almost comparable to a school community. I would say Visa's culture is very accepting, it doesn't matter who you are there is a place for everyone. I was worried I would be made to make tea or photo copy all day but I am actual part of solving the issues or comming up with the solution.
4. How valued do you feel by Visa?
My Managers have always been open about the quality of my work and I am happy for the feedback, both negative and positive. Our assignments are marked but I am not sure what kind of praise I would expect externally I feel like the award comes with hard work and achieving a free degree!
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
As we were the first year to do this I would say there were a few growing pains but it is a work in progress. Overal I feel the support I recieve is more then adequet for me to succeed.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
All the support required just have to be proactive in asking for help or advice.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as required, I have open communication with my manager so it is up to me to tell him how I am getting on or if I require something (even still he always ensures to ask).
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It is enough to live at home to help with the bills and have a few nights out a month however, it can be tight with the cost of travel. I would never be able to afford to live closer to work. In terms of in comparison to other companies the salary is high.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Many company events, social activities, charity work and access to health and fitness clubs.
9. Would you recommend Visa to a friend?
- I feel like it is a safe place to develop and gives you the option to explore so many different business areas if you are not sure where you would like to work in the future.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Visa?
-Be confident to be you. Academics are important but so are the skills and talents each of us naturally have but may not realise.
More from VisaMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!