1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Capital Reconciliation Manager,
• To directly manage the Maintenance Contract Reconciliation Manager and Contract Reconciliation Assistant to deliver against Income targets and other business KPI's
• Dotted line management of the quarterly reconciliation of management fee with 160 suppliers across 37 Framework Agreements for transacted and direct orders for the Trading Teams
• To ensure effective quarterly billing of MTA management fees"
• Ownership of the relationship with the Alfreton Finance Team regarding Maintenance and Capital DH Fund debt to ensure activity is up to date and records show a true reflection of in query status, implementing improvements to process to enhance resolution activity
• Ownership of the relationship with Alfreton Finance Team regarding Maintenance and Capital DH Fund supplier payments ensuring sufficient funds are available on contract codes or in the DH Fund to make payments in line with contractual obligations and to maximise additional income opportunities.
• Ownership of the relationship with the Alfreton Finance Team relating to supplier invoices for Trading Team management fee – reporting of what has been invoiced vs., what is outstanding against reported figures to ensure reporting is accurate and correct and in line with finance principles and compliant to internal controls and standards
• Ownership of the relationship with the Alfreton Finance Team relating to annual maintenance loan (c£22m), preparation of business case supporting the commercial function and working with finance on the on-going management of cash position to ensure annual repayment plan is adhered to minimise working capital charges
• Responsibility for reporting and on-going development of KPI reporting across the business unit
• Be the main point of contact for resolving supplier invoice queries and supplier escalations across Maintenance, Trading and DH Fund; liaising directly with suppliers finance teams to resolve issues as they arise and to identify continuous improvement opportunities to streamline process and activity, and consolidating activity across common suppliers to deliver improved ways of working
• Based on a detailed understanding of the business needs and needs of the supply base, develop processes, ways of working and training to deliver requirements of business unit and suppliers.
• Be the central point of contact for Capital Solutions with regards to BSA audit queries and to facilitate the resolution of any non-conformities identified throughout the audit process.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes as this is a management and leadership apprenticeship I have started to learn lots of new techniques to use on my team to help them develop and think about how they can adequately use their working time more efficiently. I have also started to develop my existing skills in terms of effective communication techniques and the methods of communication. Currently I am working on the recruitment module so learning around all the legal pitfalls to avoid and what selection methods are best to use and how to use them is the most effective way.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I was very excited to begin the program but however I believe the initial communication from the company wasn't the best and the first module wasn't delivered in a very successful way which in turn led myself and work colleague missing the deadline for the first module as the necessary work wasn't communicated out correctly. However since then BPP have really helped in providing additional time for me to complete this first module and the second module is running a lot smoother, the support we are receiving from the tutors is more effective and I am now starting to enjoy the program once more. I am still trying to get an understanding on the companies website online library to access resources to help write written assignments but this is something I am looking to pick up in my next review meeting.
4. How valued do you feel by DHL?
I feel very valued at DHL, this probably comes from my own line manager who has my own interests at mind and is constantly looking to improve me. The company has a great internal recognition program which is voted by the leadership but put forward by your peers.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Refer to my answer in question 3. Initially the program wasn't structured well at all during module one however this has since been resolved and is a lot better in the second module.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Again, initially the support was confusing and quite contradicting at first. However the training provider has since greatly improved the webinars are now much more supporting providing you with improvements, what to look for with your assessments.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have had the full support from my line manager from Day 1, she was the one who found the course and applied for me on my behalf. Any problems I have had with the course she has been able to support greatly and also help provide advice on my overall assessment preparation. I currently have designed working days to work on my apprenticeship and this allows me to really focus on getting this complete and also do my job at the same time.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I feel my current salary package meets my costs adequately. I would always want more money but doing this apprenticeship will help build myself and hopefully help me progress further within the business.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
We have voluntary initiatives that is to go out to the surrounding schools and help educate children around what we do as a business and give them an insight into future job opportunities. Charity events are hosted to raise money for various charities.
9. Would you recommend DHL to a friend?
Great place to work, great culture, room for development and growth opportunities.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to DHL?
If you have a great work ethic, determination and want to work hard then let it show in your interview
More from DHLMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!