Tax Assistant at Mazars LLP

School Leaver Programme
May 2018

Connect with Mazars LLP

8.7/10

I am a Tax Assistant in the Financial Services Tax Advisory Team. I'm involved in preparing advisory reports on a range of tax issues.

I am progressing through the ATT/CTA pathway. We have also been provided with a range of internal soft and technical skills training.

I work in a friendly and supportive team. The culture is good and I enjoy it more than I expected.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at Mazars LLP

4. How valued do you feel by Mazars LLP?

I feel well valued in my team, however my role can involve a lot of administrative tasks so I don't always feel like I can get fully involved in client projects.

We get time off to attend college and the training providers are good.

Tolley is fantastic, the resources are great and there are always lecturers on hand to answer any queries.

My employer is very supportive of my work and personal life. However, it could be improved with a better mentoring scheme.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at Mazars LLP

Working in London is expensive, and my first year salary made it difficult to afford to anything over simply paying bills and travel.

9. Would you recommend Mazars LLP to a friend?

The culture is great, the other employees are very friendly and supportive and the work is interesting.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mazars LLP?

The company have a facility to be paired up with someone already working here during the application process. I would recommend that those applying to Mazars should make use of this and have their questions/queries answered before the interview stage. Not only will this help them perform well in the interview, but also get an insight into what working here is really like in the specific service line they are applying for.