1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Maintaining stock levels, ensuring all shelves were stocked appropriately, and providing advise to customers when asked
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to work both as a team and by myself. Also I have been able to develop my communication skills both on a professional level and a personal level
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy most of my programme. The negative would be that I'm essentially being unpaid for work that other members of staff get paid for. However I am making good progress within the business and feel as though if I were to apply for a job here, I would be considered As a prime candidate
4. How valued do you feel by Pets At Home?
As a person I do feel valued, despite not being paid for the work I'm doing. I am still being handed responsibilities that other staff are such as cleaning the animals, and even selling them
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I'm left to my own devices, but it is very well structured.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive not much support
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Quite a bit, I know that if I have any questions the manager is happy to answer.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I'm not really sure
9. Would you recommend Pets At Home to a friend?
Friendly staff and it definitely has been fun learning about the company and how the stores operate.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pets At Home?
You do have to be an animal lover to work there. But also just be yourself. I know that the managers do appreciate someone who is happy and confident in themselves.