1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role primarily included providing customer service assistance as well as keeping products and stock replenished and visible.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
At the time I learnt to better my public speaking as this was a main part of interacting with customers.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It was an enjoyable experience that gave me first hand knowledge of day to day store life.
4. How valued do you feel by Pets At Home?
Staff were friendly throughout and did try to show me the ropes whilst working.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was well structured, with a designated lunchtime in between and afternoons were organised to offer something new each day.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received adequate support as the provider did come and visit me a few times during my time there.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The support was sufficient enough to oversee me during work but also to give me time to independently work the store.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It was not a paid work experience therefore I did not financially benefit.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Of course, the skills gained here are present in many areas of work as I have experienced.
9. Would you recommend Pets At Home to a friend?
You gain valuable experience that you can take forwards upon completion.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pets At Home?
Don't be nervous, younare there to learn. They expect you to be new and fresh so just enjoy the time there.